I know I do not know anything


This article is a draft concerning philosophy.

You can share your knowledge by improving it (how?) according to the recommendations of the corresponding projects. This article does not sufficiently cite its sources (October 2013).

If you have books or articles, or if you know of quality websites dealing with the topic here, please fill in the article giving useful to its verifiability and linking them to the website. section "Notes and " (edit the article, how to add my sources?).

I know that I do not know anything (in ancient Greek "ἕν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα" hén oȋda hóti oudèn oȋda, and in Latin "scio me nihil scire") is a maxim attributed to the Greek philosopher Socrates.

It is also known as the literal translation of the ancient Greek which gives "I know only one thing, it is that I do not know anything".

We find this famous adage in Plato in the Apology of Socrates (21d), and in the Menon (80d 1-3).

Michel de Montaigne was inspired by Socrates based in particular on this maxim. Related articlechange code

wiki