The Passion rose


The Passion rose is a story by Gustavo Adolfo Bécquer, published for the first time in 1862. Theme

It is a short and deeply anti-Semitic legend; Its main themes are: Structure

The work consists of an introduction and four chapters.

The text begins with a brief clarification: «One summer afternoon, and in a garden of Toledo, this singular story told me about a very good and very pretty girl.

While he explained to me the mystery of his special form, he kissed the leaves and pistils that he was plucking one by one from the flower that gives this legend its name. If I could refer you with the soft charm and tender simplicity that I had in your mouth, I would move you as I was moved by the story of the unhappy Sara. Since this is not possible, there goes what this tradition reminds me of at this moment. " Weather



wiki